Monday, June 22, 2015

Announcements more or less

Hello everyone. Its been a while since I've posted. To my three followers here I thank you for staying. You may or may not have read any of my poems but that's okay. They are here for your enjoyment. I may take the blog down but not in the foreseeable future.  I'm actually here to start posting new poems again. In the past couple of years since I stopped posting there have been a few developments I feel are important historically, culturally and for other reasons.

If you have a Tumblr page or are on Twitter I'm sure you are already familliar with the term "Social Justice Warrior" or SJW for short. While I disagree with their politics, and it will  show up in the first new poem I put up, I still am going to put it up. I have my reasons for putting this up. I feel, as a writer, that it is my duty to explore the issues of the day. I hope the poem isn't too preachy but it is to demonstrate my own opinions on the subject. I also feel that, since this has blown up into a HUGE thing on the internet and has ingrained itself into our cultural history, I feel that it is also my personal duty to myself and this series of poems to be placed along with the rest of them. I know what you who have read the poems I've put up before are probably going to say, I glanced over a lot of history. That's true. If I were to record every single event in poetic form, this entire work would become WAY WAY too long. The last reason I'm putting the poem is for simple freedom of speech. This is how I choose to express my opinions of the happening addressed.

On this post and the next post I ask that you be as respectful as possible if you comment. You could be against #gamergate or you could be for #gamergate. You could be a SJW yourself. I'm open to discourse and all of that. I'm not going to ban or delete opinions. If you don't like it, you don't like it. Whatever. I feel that most "trigger warnings", especially the Tumblr type of trigger warnings are stupid. Just because someone disagrees with you, it shouldn't cause you to go into convulsions. There are people out there with REAL PTSD  and I feel that these types of things diminish the importance of those victims. Yes, you're going to find people with differing opinions from you. You'll disagree with them and everything but think of it this way: that's how we grow. Being exposed to different ideas and opinions is how we grow as people and become well rounded citizens of the world.

That being said, the first poem following this one will have content people will disagree with and it might be controversial to some people. Pleas understand this and respect other people's opinions and my own.

For the second announcement. The poems after this post won't be published in the order they appear whenever I get around to publishing the entire work. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment